Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
Columbus County North Carolina Historical Markers
By J. J. Prats, February 5, 2017
Retreating after Battle of Guilford Courthouse, en route to Wilmington, passed near here with his army in April 1781. — — Map (db m101314) HM
Baptist Church est. here in 1840. Community settled in 1850’s. Railroad terminus located, 1886. Incorporated 1805. Charter changed to Tabor City, 1935. Former “Yam Capital” of the World. — — Map (db m862) HM
Established by Stanly County native W. Horace Carter in 1946. Won the Pulitzer Prize for Meritorious Public Service in 1953. Named changed to Tabor-Loris Tribune in 1996. — — Map (db m863) HM
Black Siamese twins born near here, 1851. exhibited in U.S. and Europe. Died in 1912. Grave is five miles N. — — Map (db m20458) HM 4 markers matched your search criteria.
We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.