Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
Johnson County Nebraska Historical Markers
By William Fischer, Jr., May 30, 2011
Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Memorial
In memory of all
Soldiers and Sailors
of Johnson County — — Map (db m48211) HM
Dedicated To All Who Served — — Map (db m48204) WM
Dedicated to the memory of those who gave their lives in the service of their country
[Roll of Honored Dead] — — Map (db m48208) HM
Dedicated to those of Johnson County Nebraska who in the spirit of self sacrifice enrolled in the service of their country in the Great World War of 1914-1918.
[Roll of Honor] — — Map (db m48210) HM
Site of the
First Rural Free Delivery
Mail Route In Nebraska
On November 7, 1896 — — Map (db m48212) HM
Tecumseh, the county seat of Johnson County, was incorporated in 1856. It was first called Frances in honor of the wife of Colonel Richard M. Johnson, for whom the county is named. In 1857 the town was renamed for the famous Shawnee Indian chief, . . . — — Map (db m48209) HM
Destroyed in Havana Harbor
February 15th 1893
This tablet is cast from
metal recovered from the
U.S.S. Maine — — Map (db m48206) HM 7 markers matched your search criteria.
We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.