On the site where the church now stands, there were initially two small cave churches dedicated to Agios Theodoros (St. Theodore) and Our Lady, which are mentioned in a will from 1641 and a report from 1642 by the inspector of the Catholic Bishopic . . . — — Map (db m126050) HM
This church is located on the verge of the cliffs of Fira, clinging to the edge of the caldera.
It is first mentioned in a list of Santorini churches, compiled in 1757 by the Catholic Archbishop of Naxos Pietro Martire de Stefani.
The church . . . — — Map (db m126051) HM