Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Related Historical Markers

There are four of these plaques located in the four corners of the Confederate monument.
 
First National Confederate Flag Marker image, Touch for more information
By Sandra Hughes, October 11, 2013
First National Confederate Flag Marker
Alabama (Montgomery County), Montgomery — "Third National Confederate Flag"
Upon an outpouring of complaints that the 2nd national flag was too similar to a flag of truce, a red bar was added by act of Confederate Congress on March 4, 1865. Very few of these flags ever flew, however, as the war ended shortly thereafter. . . . — Map (db m69326) HM
Alabama (Montgomery County), Montgomery — First National Confederate Flag ("Stars and Bars")
The "Stars and Bars," designed by Nicola Marshall of Marion, Alabama, was adopted by the flag selection committee of the Provisional Confederate Congress at Montgomery and raised over the capitol building on March 4, 1861. Its similarity to the . . . — Map (db m69314) HM
Alabama (Montgomery County), Montgomery — Second National Confederate Flag ("Stainless Banner")
The intensity of the war caused the desire for a new national flag that was in no way similar to the U.S. flag. The "Stainless Banner" was adopted by the Confederate Congress on May 1, 1863. The cross of St. Andrew, depicted on the flag, has been . . . — Map (db m86423) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement