|► South Carolina (Colleton County), Ashepoo — 15-3 — Edmundsbury —|
|A brick Chapel of Ease for St. Bartholomew's Parish was built here in 1785 in a town laid out in 1740 and named for Landgrave Edmund Bellinger. The vestry reported the chapel unfit for use in 1786, and in 1810 it fell in ruins. A new chapel was . . . — — Map (db m7923) HM|
|► South Carolina (Colleton County), Green Pond — 15-13 — Temple of Sport —|
|On top of this ridge stood a sylvan temple erected before the Revolution by Colonel Barnard Elliott, patriot and sportsman. The structure was supported by columns in the classic manor. The site, a part of Colonel Elliot's plantation "Belleview," . . . — — Map (db m7869) HM|
|► South Carolina (Colleton County), Jacksonboro — 15-12 — Battle Of Parker's Ferry —|
|Sent to intercept a raid by 540 Hessians, British, and Tories, General Francis Marion with a force of 400 men on August 30, 1781 set up an ambuscade along this road about 1 mile from the ferry. The enemy advancing along the narrow causeway were . . . — — Map (db m7918) HM|
3 markers matched your search criteria.
May. 28, 2020