Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Eudora, Kansas Historical Markers

 
4 East 7th Street and Marker image, Touch for more information
By William Fischer, Jr., August 2, 2014
4 East 7th Street and Marker
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 4 East 7th Street Eudora City Hall
The current City Hall building was completed in 1955. The first City Hall, which was originally built as a school house in 1860, was also situated at this location until it was moved to 731 Maple Street. The community of Eudora was established . . . — Map (db m76484) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 700 Main Street
Completed in 1897, Charles Lothholz was responsible for construction of this building. The original businesses at this location included the Kaw Valley State Bank, a general store and a barber shop. The second story with a 250-seating capacity . . . — Map (db m76474) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 701 Main Street
This building, commonly referred to as the Pilla Building, has been an enduring Eudora landmark. Built in 1873, it housed the Pilla General Store until 1929, which was one of the largest and most prosperous businesses in the community. Numerous . . . — Map (db m76486) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 707 Main Street
This building was renovated to its current appearance in 1892 when it became home to the Eudora State Bank. This unique building contains a large, ornate metal cornice on its exterior facing Main Street. The Eudora State Bank remained at this . . . — Map (db m76440) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 711 Main Street IOOF Lodge No. 42 Building
This building was constructed in the early 1870's and became home to the Eudora Chapter of the International Order of Odd-Fellows, a fraternal organization first chartered in 1869. As of 2012 the Odd-Fellows continue to own this building and . . . — Map (db m76466) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 715 Main Street
This large brick building is perhaps the most versatile on all of Main Street. Constructed in the early 20th century, the building has been used for drycleaners, barber shops, cafes, undertaking services, watch repair shops, jewelers, shoe . . . — Map (db m76467) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 719 Main Street
The current structure at 719 Main dates to the early 20th century. In the building's early days, it was used as a barber shop and a furniture warehouse. In the last several decades, the building has been home to numerous restaurants, most . . . — Map (db m76468) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 720/722 Main Street
J. A. Seybold was responsible for the construction of the buildings at 720/722 Main Street in 1883. Seybold operated a hardware store here for only a short time. The buildings were next used by W. A. Fuller and his "Yankee" Fuller Hardware Store . . . — Map (db m76473) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 724 Main Street
This building was completed around 1915 when the Trefz Variety Store was founded by William Trefz. Carl Trefz later operated the store until 1976. Numerous businesses including hardware stores, antique stores and coffee shops later operated at . . . — Map (db m76471) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 726 Main Street Masonic Doric Lodge #83
This building was completed in 1891 to serve as home for the Eudora branch of the Ancient Order of United Workers (Lodge #112). The Eudora branch of the Ancient Free and Accepted Masons (Doric Lodge #83) started to meet at this location in the . . . — Map (db m76470) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 736 Main Street
The current building at this location was built in 1917. This building has been home to hardware stores, grocery stores, garages and auto dealers, including Rothberger Motor Auto Sales. Since 2001 the building has been home to Quilting Bits and . . . — Map (db m76489) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 800 Main Street
This building's origins date to the early 20th century, although the exterior appearance of the building has since been heavily altered. Numerous meat markets and butcher shops have called this building home, including: The Henry Hagenbuch Meat . . . — Map (db m76488) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — 806 Main Street
This residence likely dates to the 1860's. James Still, son of Wakarusa Mission (which served the local Shawnee Indians in the 1850's) founder Abraham Still, had his medical office here. In addition to being a doctor, James Still was also a . . . — Map (db m76490) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — City of Eudora - The Early Years
Shawnee Tribal Leader Paschal Fish and his daughter, Eudora This statue has been created to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the City of Eudora (1857-2007). The statue portrays Shawnee Tribal Leader Paschal Fish and his daughter, . . . — Map (db m76492) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — Eudora's First Bell City Hall & School
Given by John Landon Sr. Erected here by Boy Scout Troop 64 — Map (db m76475) HM
Kansas (Douglas County), Eudora — Shawnee Tribal Leader Paschal Fish and his Daughter, Eudora
This statue was created to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the City of Eudora 1857 - 2007 Jim Brothers, Sculptor — Map (db m76491) HM

16 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement