In 1864 John, Joseph and Robert Berry, their families and others settled in Berryville. The church called more families in 1865. The town was abandoned because of Indian depredations in 1886 when Robert, his wife, Isabell, and Joseph Berry were . . . — — Map (db m74644) HM
In the late 1800s, travelers who wanted to go to Kanab or Panguitch accompanied the mail carrier. In the early years, they traveled with him on horseback; in later years, they hitched a ride in his two-wheeled mailcart.
"No one who . . . — — Map (db m40467) HM
These millstones were used to grind wheat and corn into flour. Glendale oral histories tell us that in 1870 these burrs, as they were called, were brought here from Toquerville, Utah, 100 miles away.
Histories written about this area report that . . . — — Map (db m40475) HM
Four early Church pioneers, sons of Jesse Woods and Amelia Shanks Berry, were the founders of Berryville, now Glendale, Utah. Joseph S. and Robert M. and his wife Isabelle Hale Berry, were killed by Indians April 2, 1856. They are burried in . . . — — Map (db m74646) HM
Built in the spring of 1882, the woolen factory was in operation until 1890. It was built under the direction of the United Order Board. Thomas Chamberlain, Bishop and President of the Board.
The machinery was run by waterpower. Yarn, batting and . . . — — Map (db m74675) HM