Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Providence, Ohio Historical Markers

 
Miami & Erie Canal image, Touch for more information
By Dale K. Benington, June 21, 2008
Miami & Erie Canal
Ohio (Lucas County), Providence — 31-48 — Miami & Erie CanalOhio Historical Marker
The Wabash & Erie Canal opened between Toledo and Lafayette, Indiana, May 8, 1843. The Miami Extension Canal was completed to Junction, Ohio, on July 4, 1845, linking the Wabash & Erie Canal with Cincinnati and resulting in changing the canal’s name . . . — Map (db m19574) HM
Ohio (Lucas County), Providence — St. Patrick’s ChurchProvidence — 1845
Fr. Amadeus Rappe, Pastor of St. Francis de Sales, Toledo, and Mission Pastor of all Northwest Ohio, supervised the building of this church in 1845. Peter Manor donated the land, 40,000 bricks, and 5,000 ft. of black walnut lumber for . . . — Map (db m132063) HM
Ohio (Lucas County), Providence — The 150th Anniversary of the Great Starvation1845- 1850 — St. Patrick's Church
The 150th Anniversary of the Great Starvation 1845- 1850 In memory of those who Perished and those who fled starvation, death and foreign oppression in Ireland to seek justice, freedom and a new way of life in America. (three . . . — Map (db m132064) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.