Jackson in Amador County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1985 by Native Sons of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 19.532′ N, 120° 44.113′ W. Marker is in Jackson, California, in Amador County. Marker is on State Highway 49 at milepost 1.4, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jackson CA 95642, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Moore Mine (approx. 1.6 miles away); Zeile Mine and Mine House (approx. 2.2 miles away); Mokelumne Hill (approx. 2.3 miles away); Emily Peek's Saloon (approx. 2.3 miles away); Calaveras County Courthouse and Leger Hotel (approx. 2.3 miles away); a different marker also named Mokelumne Hill William J. Paugh House (approx. 2½ miles away); V. S. Garbarini, Sr. (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Regarding Butte Store. Originally built and operated by Enrico Bruni in 1857. The general store operated by the Ginnochio family for over 50 years, finally closing its doors in the early 1900's.
According to the Historic American Buildings Survey, the structure is constucted of brick and Calaveras schist fieldstone, with 3 iron doors of 20 panels each.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 22, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2008, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 2,444 times since then and 23 times this year. Last updated on December 21, 2016, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 2, 2008, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.