Temple Terrace in Hillsborough County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Spanish Exploration of Temple Terrace
April 25 & 26, 1757
Here the Spaniards found "pine trees of great magnitude" and the river water "very delicate in taste." They reveled in it for it was "agua buena y clara." They erected a cross naming the forest "El Piñal De La Cruz De Santa Teresa".
Erected by The Temple Terrace City Council, Chamber of Commerce, & Preservation, Inc.
Location. 28° 1.231′ N, 82° 23.232′ W. Marker is in Temple Terrace, Florida, in Hillsborough County. Marker can be reached from South Riverhills Drive 0.1 miles west of South Glen Arven Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in parking area near the water. It is behind Riverhills Elementary. Marker is at or near this postal address: 401 South Riverhills Drive, Tampa FL 33617, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mrs. Bertha Honoré Palmer (approx. 1.1 miles away); Temple Terraces Country Club Sutton Hall (approx. 1.1 miles away); Reverend Billy Graham (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Largest Orange Grove in the World (approx. 2.2 miles away); Hillsborough County Historical Cemetery For All People (approx. 3.2 miles away); Bruce B. Downs Boulevard (approx. 3.4 miles away); Middleton Senior High School (approx. 3.6 miles away); Il Cimitero Dell’Unione Italiana (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Temple Terrace.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Exploration •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 19, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 22, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 283 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 22, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.