Near Frankston in Anderson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the Kickapoo Battleﬁeld
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 8770.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 32° 1.441′ N, 95° 29.321′ W. Marker is near Frankston, Texas, in Anderson County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 19 and Road 320, on the right when traveling south on Road 19. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Frankston TX 75763, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Frankston Railroad Depot (approx. 2.1 miles away); Cuney (approx. 4.3 miles away); Earle's Chapel Cemetery (approx. 10.3 miles away); Earle's Chapel Methodist Church (approx. 10.3 miles away); Old Neches Saline Road (approx. 10˝ Dewberry Plantation House (approx. 10.6 miles away); Camp of the Army of the Republic of Texas (approx. 10.6 miles away); Bullard Water Well (approx. 12.7 miles away).
Categories. • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 17, 2017. This page originally submitted on March 17, 2017, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 335 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 17, 2017, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.