Franklin in Saint Mary Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
St. Mary Parish Confederate Soldiers Monument
St. Mary Parish,
Who fought for the honor
of their State and Country,
This monument is erected.
"Mostly they stood the test,
Highly they earned their rest."
Erected December 1913
By the citizens of the
Parish of St. Mary, La.
"In legend and lay,
Our heroes in Gray
Shall forever Live
Over again for us."
Erected 1913 by Citizens of St. Mary Parish.
Location. 29° 47.469′ N, 91° 29.993′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Louisiana, in Saint Mary Parish. Marker is on Main Street (State Highway 182) near Wilson Street (State Highway 3069), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Located in front of the St. Mary Parish Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 Wilson Street, Franklin LA 70538, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Mary Parish Courthouse War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Battle Of Irish Bend (within shouting distance of this marker); The Gunboat Diana (within shouting distance of this marker); Jared Young Sanders Franklin (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Austin O'Niell (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Mary's Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away); German Prisoner of War Camp (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 8, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 96 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 8, 2017.