Pine Springs in Culberson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Ruins of “The Pinery” or “Pine Spring” Stage Stand
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 7929.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Butterfield Overland Mail, and the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 53.599′ N, 104° 49.035′ W. Marker is in Pine Springs, Texas, in Culberson County. Marker is on U.S. 180/62, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Several ruins are found along a 0.3 mile interpretive walking trail in Guadalupe Mountains National Park. The trail begins at the Pine Springs Visitor Center. Alternatively, the is a small parking area off the highway next to the marker which allows you to bypass the majority of the walking trail. Marker is in this post office area: Salt Flat TX 79847, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Airmen (here, next to this marker); Butterfield Overland Mail (within shouting distance of this marker); Groundbreaking for the Pine Springs Visitor Center (approx. 0.3 miles away); The "Committee of Five" Stephen Tyng Mather (approx. 0.3 miles away); Frijole Historic Site (approx. 1.4 miles away); Frijole School House (approx. 1.4 miles away); Guadalupe Peak (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pine Springs.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 24, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 1, 2008, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. This page has been viewed 1,216 times since then and 44 times this year. Last updated on April 23, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 1, 2008, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.