Symbols Of Our Heritage
Preserved On These Grounds
The Image of Justice - served as a weather vane atop the original court house built in 1804.
The Bronze Bell - hung beneath it in the belfrey. Both were used in the second court house built on this site in 1860.
The Date Stone - bears the names of those responsible for the construction of the second court house.
The Inscription of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address
These items are symbolic of Lycoming County's proud past and reminders that the future can perpetuate the progress that has been our tradition.
Location. 41° 14.449′ N, 77° 0.162′ W. Marker is in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, in Lycoming County. Marker is on Pine Street south of 4th Street, on the left when traveling south. Marker and objects are on the Lycoming County Courthouse grounds. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 48 West 3rd Street, Williamsport PA 17701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Architectural Artifacts (within shouting distance of this marker); Transportation Tribute (within shouting distance of this marker); Lycoming County
Also see . . . Lycoming County Government. (Submitted on July 22, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Symbols Of Our Heritage.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 22, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 22, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 60 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on July 22, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.