Bay City in Matagorda County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Matagorda County Confederate Memorial
To the memory of
"Lest We Forget."
Erected 1913 by Capt. E.S. Rugeley Chapter No. 542, United Daughters of the Confederacy. (Marker Number 15467.)
Location. 28° 58.923′ N, 95° 58.165′ W. Marker is in Bay City, Texas, in Matagorda County. Marker is on 6th Street east of Avenue F (State Highway 60), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Monument is located on the south side of the courthouse grounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1700 7th St, Bay City TX 77414, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Matagorda, C.S.A. (within shouting distance of this marker); Ira Ingram (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Matagorda County (about 300 feet away); a different marker also named Matagorda County (about 300 feet away); Sugar Cane Mill (about 400 feet away); Bay City Post Office (about 400 feet away); Old Bay City Bank (about 500 feet away); Bay City Library (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bay City.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 25, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 33 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 24, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.