Newcastle upon Tyne in Northumberland, England, United Kingdom
Charles Earl Grey
the services rendered to his country by
Charles, Earl Grey, K.G.
who during an active polliical career of
nearly half a century
was the constant advocate of peace
and the fearless and consistent champion of
civil and religious liberty
He first directed his efforts to the amendment
of the representation of the people in 1792,
and was the minister
by whose advice and under whose guidance
the great measure of parliamentary reform
was, after an arduous and protracted struggle
safely and triumphantly achieved
in the year 1832.
the people renew
their gratitude to the author
of the great reform bill
Location. 54° 58.43′ N, 1° 36.789′ W. Marker is in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, in Northumberland. Marker is at the intersection of Grey Street, on the left when traveling north on Grey Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Blackett Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, England NE1 5AF, United Kingdom. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Charles, 2nd Earl Grey (a few steps from this marker); Grey’s Monument (a few steps from this marker); Suffragette Movement (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); Jose Maria de Eca de Quiros (about 210 meters away); Cathedral Church of St. Nicholas (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Victoria R I (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Ever Tower (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Charles Avison (approx. half a kilometer away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Also see . . . Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey on Wikipedia. (Submitted on November 22, 2018, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Categories. • Government • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 22, 2018, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 49 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 22, 2018, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.