Camp Wood in Real County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Camp Wood
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 4749.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 29° 40.616′ N, 100° 0.891′ W. Marker is in Camp Wood, Texas, in Real County. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Camp Wood TX 78833, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of the Mission San Lorenzo De La Santa Cruz (here, next to this marker); Vance Cemetery (approx. 9½ miles away).
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Military • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 11, 2009, by Bill Royal of Sun City Ctr, Florida. This page has been viewed 837 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 11, 2009, by Bill Royal of Sun City Ctr, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.