Beekman in Dutchess County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Mill House
The Mill House
The Mill House built in 1749
by Robert Livingston, leased
to Bartholomew Noxon in 1753
to Isaac Dennis in 1781,
later owned by FDR Jr.
Erected 2007 by Town of Beekman.
Location. 41° 36.675′ N, 73° 42.021′ W. Marker is in Beekman, New York, in Dutchess County. Marker is on Beekman Poughquag Road (County Road 7) 0.1 miles from Fordington Drive, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Located next to The Mill House, a Dutchess County Tourist Information Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 138 Beekman Poughquag Road, Poughquag NY 12570, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old Upper Road (approx. one mile away); 1754 Homesite (approx. 1.2 miles away); Burying Ground (approx. 1.3 miles away); Pawling Beekman Turnpike (approx. 3 miles away); The West Mountain Mission (approx. 3 miles away); Potters Corners Burying Ground (approx. 3.2 miles away); Home of Capt. George Brinckerhoff (approx. 3.3 miles away); Storm – Adriance - Brinckerhoff (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Beekman.
Also see . . . Town of Beekman, Old Mill. (Submitted on November 27, 2009, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 27, 2009, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 1,029 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 27, 2009, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.