Lebanon in Warren County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
This house is on lot No. 33 of the original 1802 plat of Lebanon. The land was owned by Samuel Manning, one of the town's founders. It was bought in 1886 by Dr. G. L. Krieger, a native of France. That same year it was sold, for $1,000, to John Conden who built the house in 1887. John E. Bundy, a local watchmater, bought the home in 1888 for $4,000.
(Continued on other side)
(Continued from other side)
It is mostly in the Queen Anne architectural style, which was popular in the late 1800s. The projecting bay windows, the ornate wooden porch and the sunburst design on the small pediment are indicative of this style. The diagonal siding in the front gable peak and in the bay window display a Stick Style influence.
Erected by Lebanon Rotary.
Location. 39° 25.993′ N, 84° 12.309′ W. Marker is in Lebanon, Ohio, in Warren County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Ohio Route 123) and Cherry Street, on the left when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Van Sickle House (within shouting distance of this marker); Ferguson House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Lewis House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); I.O.O.F. Temple (about 500 feet away); The Town Plat / The Tharp House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Christmas Tree Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Town Square / City Hall Site (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Village Ice Cream Parlor (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lebanon.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 1, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 2,027 times since then and 111 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 1, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.