Greensboro in Hale County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
St. Paulís Episcopal Church
Church consecrated in 1843 by Leonidas Polk, Bishop of Louisiana, (later a Confederate general).
Here Nicholas H. Cobbs was chosen first Bishop of Alabama in 1844.
First vestrymen: Dr. Richard E. Meade, Dr. R. C. Randolph, Dr. R. W. Withers, J. Bell, J. B. Stickney, Dr R. Inge, Frank Inge, William Murphy, Col. Samuel Pickens.
Erected 1956 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 42.18′ N, 87° 35.796′ W. Marker is in Greensboro, Alabama, in Hale County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street and South Street, on the right when traveling south on Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 905 Church Street, Greensboro AL 36744, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Greensboro Presbyterian Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gayle - Tunstall House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Magnolia Grove Southern University (approx. ĺ mile away); Oak Grove School (approx. 11.9 miles away); Dr. Benjamin M. Duggar (approx. 14.7 miles away); St. Andrewís Church (approx. 14.7 miles away).
Categories. • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for St. Paulís Episcopal Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 2, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,045 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 29, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.