Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Here Stood Lincoln
This commemorative marker was erected on the 75th anniversary of that event by the people of Ohio.
Erected September 16, 1934.
Erected 1934 by the People of Ohio.
Location. 39° 57.687′ N, 82° 59.925′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker can be reached from U.S. 40 0.1 miles south of U.S. 33. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 31 South Third Street, Columbus OH 43215, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ohio World War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Spirit of ’98 (within shouting distance of this marker); Peace (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Ohio Statehouse / Lincoln at the Statehouse (about 300 feet away); “These Are My Jewels” (about 300 feet away); Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Oak (about 300 feet The Breathing Association (about 300 feet away); The Underground Railroad / Black Conductors of Columbus (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
More about this marker. This marker is attached to a column on the east terrace of the Ohio Statehouse. When it was placed there, it was outside the building, but an atrium built in 1993 to connect the statehouse with the nearby Senate Building now encloses the plaque and many of the columns. The marker can most easily be found by inquiring at the information desk in the rotunda of the statehouse or the reception desk in the Senate Building. Exterior doors to the atrium itself are generally not accessible from the outside.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Politics • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 12, 2010, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. This page has been viewed 880 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 12, 2010, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.