Newark in Essex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Settlers of Newark
upon this church
the oldest of all our
in memory of
the first settlers
“Ye town upon ye Pesayak”
Erected by the Newark
members of the New Jersey
Society of Colonial
Dames of America • 1902
Erected 1902 by Society of Colonial Dames of America.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Society of Colonial Dames of America marker series.
Location. 40° 44.06′ N, 74° 10.352′ W. Marker is in Newark, New Jersey, in Essex County. Marker is at the intersection of Broad Street and Branford Place, on the right when traveling north on Broad Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the right fron of the Old First Presbyterian Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 820 Broad Street, Newark NJ 07104, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Newark Covenant (a few steps from this marker); “Old First” (a few steps from this marker); Revolutionary War Soldiers and Patriots Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Newark Female Charitable Society This Liberty Pole (approx. ¼ mile away); Elisha Boudinot and General Lafayette (approx. ¼ mile away); First School Safety Patrol in America (approx. ¼ mile away); Historic Site-Grace Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 12, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 741 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 12, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.