Fort Gaines in Clay County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Pioneer Cemetery
Erected 1980 by Historic Chattahoochee Commission.
Location. 31° 36.339′ N, 85° 3.147′ W. Marker is in Fort Gaines, Georgia, in Clay County. Marker is on Carroll Street 0.1 miles west of North Hancock Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Gaines GA 39851, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. In the Confederacy (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Gaines (about 700 feet away); The Old Lattice Bridge (about 700 feet away); The 1836 Fort (about 700 feet away); Site of Fort Gaines Female College (about 800 feet away); Fort Gaines Guards (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Sites (approx. ¼ mile away); Clay County (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Gaines.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 2, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 535 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 2, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.