Tombstone in Cochise County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
The Grand Hotel
Opened in 1880
Erected 2005 by Tombstone Restoration Commission. (Marker Number 20.)
Location. 31° 42.749′ N, 110° 3.996′ W. Marker is in Tombstone, Arizona, in Cochise County. Marker is on East Allen Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 417 East Allen Street, Tombstone AZ 85638, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Campbell & Hatch Saloon and Billiard Parlor (a few steps from this marker); Owl Cafe and Tourist Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); City Marshall Virgil Earp (within shouting distance of this marker); The Oriental Saloon (within shouting distance of this marker); Can Can Restaurant (within shouting distance of this marker); Cochise County Bank (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rose Tree (about 300 feet away); M. Calisher General Store (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tombstone.
Also see . . . Welcome to Tombstone - 1880. Opening of the Grand Hotel, September 9, 1880. From the Tombstone Epitaph. (Submitted on October 19, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 19, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 875 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 19, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of the charred beams, adobe walls and arches. • Can you help?