Hingham in Plymouth County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Old Ship Church
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 14.465′ N, 70° 53.234′ W. Marker is in Hingham, Massachusetts, in Plymouth County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Elm Street on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hingham MA 02043, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hingham Massachusetts (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Reverend Peter Hobart (approx. 0.2 miles away); Samuel Lincoln House (approx. ¼ mile away); Hull (approx. 2.7 miles away); a different marker also named Hull (approx. 4.4 miles away); Fort Independence (approx. 4.5 miles away); Minot's Ledge Lighthouse (approx. 5 miles away); Antoine and Wilson Memorial (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hingham.
Also see . . .
1. Historical markers erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on November 17, 2009, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
2. Hingham Historical Society. The Society maintains its headquarters at Old Derby Academy, a handsome Federal-style structure on lower Main Street that more than 200 years ago was a co-educational school. Besides being a meeting place for the Society and repository for many of its archives, Old Derby is available to rent for special occasions. (Submitted on October 15, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,897 times since then and 58 times this year. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 9, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.