Cumberland in Allegany County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Bridge 1834
Lieut. Jno. Pickell
H. M. Pettit
Erected 1955 by City of Cumberland Bicentennial.
Location. 39° 39.769′ N, 78° 46.856′ W. Marker is in Cumberland, Maryland, in Allegany County. Marker is on National Highway (U.S. 40), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10307 National Highway, Cumberland MD 21502, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Narrows (a few steps from this marker); “The Narrows” (a few steps from this marker); The First Iron Rails (approx. ĺ mile away); "Braddock's Road" (was approx. one mile away but has been reported missing. ); Headquarters of George Washington (approx. 1.1 miles away); Allegany County Library (approx. 1.1 miles away); Allegany County (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Parade Ground of Fort Cumberland (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cumberland.
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 23, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,391 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 23, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.