Culver City in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Veterans Memorial Building (VMB)
Native Americans traversed this land before it was claimed as a portion of Rancho La Ballona in 1819. The Spanish Period yielded to Mexican control, followed by California statehood in 1850. This site was part of the original land acquired to incorporate as Culver City in 1917.
Erected 2011 by Culver City Historical Society. (Marker Number 13.)
Location. 34° 0.806′ N, 118° 24.14′ W. Marker is in Culver City, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is on Overland Avenue south of Culver Bouolevard, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4117 Overland Avenue, Culver City CA 90230, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. Paul Carlson Memorial Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); La Ballona School (approx. 0.4 miles away); St. Augustine's Church (approx. half a mile away); Culver City (approx. 0.6 miles away); Civil War Union Camp Latham (approx. 0.7 miles away); American Legion Building (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Hull Building (approx. 0.8 miles away); Main Street (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Culver City.
Categories. • Native Americans • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 22, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 492 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 22, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.