Palmyra in Wayne County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Palmyra in History
1827 The Village of Palmyra was incorporated
1830 The Book of Mormon was printed in the Grandin Building.
1849 Palmyra held the first fair in New York State. It later became the Wayne County Fair.
1892 The Republican Flag Pole was raised to honor then President Benjamin Harrison. It was rededicated in 2005.
1906 The Garlock Packing Company was incorporated.
1917 Pliny T. Sexton donated the Village Park to the Community.
2000 The Palmyra New York temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was dedicated.
Today Your visit to Palmyra
Location. 43° 3.826′ N, 77° 13.789′ W. Marker is in Palmyra, New York, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street (New York State Route 31) and Fayette Street, on the left when traveling east on East Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Palmyra NY 14522, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grandin Print Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); This House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Palmyra War Memorial (about 600 feet away); Admiral William T. Sampson Memorial (about 700 feet away); World War I Mortar (about 700 feet away); Cumorah (approx. 0.2 miles away); First School House (approx. 0.2 miles away); John and Rhoda Swift (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Palmyra.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 24, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 287 times since then and 2 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on November 24, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.