Mayfield in Fulton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Dutch Reformed Church of Mayﬁeld
Dutch Reformed Church of
remains of many
pioneers of this section.
Erected 1936 by New York State Department of Education.
Location. 43° 6.145′ N, 74° 15.785′ W. Marker is in Mayfield, New York, in Fulton County. Marker is on School Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is across the street from the Mayfield Jr. - Sr. High School, and outside the fence of the Union Rural Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Mayfield NY 12117, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Romeyn's Mill (approx. half a mile away); Burying Ground (approx. 0.7 miles away); Rice Homestead (approx. ¾ mile away); Anthonyville (approx. 1.1 miles away); Indian Raid (approx. 1.1 miles away); Riceville Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Captain Solomon Woodworth Burying Ground (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mayfield.
Regarding Dutch Reformed Church of Mayfield. This early church was established in 1793 and stood on this site until 1826. The churchyard was used for burials of Mayfields early settlers. The oldest burials are on the side near the marker. This cemetery now connects with the modern one. Note: Please see the large Getman Memorial Monument. Captain Getman commanded a Civil War Cavalry Unit and this memorial honors both the captain and his men. It is yet another marker suggested by then Town Historian E.J. Rullifson in 1936.
Also see . . . The Great Sacandaga Lake. (Submitted on August 28, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Additional keywords. Sacandaga
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Dutch Reformed Church of Mayfield.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 3, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 28, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 334 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 28, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.