Near Faunsdale in Marengo County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
St. Michael's Cemetery
The slaves buried here were communicants of the Episcopal faith and first attended St. Michael’s Church, then Faunsdale Chapel after it was erected for them by Louisa M. Collins Harrison and consecrated in June 1861.
Erected 2007 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 26.211′ N, 87° 36.514′ W. Marker is near Faunsdale, Alabama, in Marengo County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of County Road 54 and County Route 59, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker located on right side inside the cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Faunsdale AL 36738, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Michael's Episcopal Churchyard Freetown (approx. 5.2 miles away); Church of the Holy Cross (approx. 5.4 miles away); Green Gables (approx. 6.4 miles away); Dr. Benjamin M. Duggar (approx. 7.4 miles away); St. Andrew’s Church (approx. 7.4 miles away); Oak Grove School (approx. 8.6 miles away); Bethel Baptist Church & Cemetery (approx. 10.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Faunsdale Plantation Slavery Data. (Submitted on April 13, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • African Americans • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 13, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 409 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 13, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.