Near Arkdale in Adams County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
East Arkdale Cemetery
The cemetery was to be ready for use by April 14, 1860. The poor were to be buried without charge. A fee of $2.00 was asked for the burial of individuals who were not members of the church.
On March 11, 1862, it was voted to elect a committee of 2 men to have charge of the cemetery. Ole Arvold and Andrew Isaacs were elected. This no doubt was the beginning of the Trinity Lutheran Cemetery Association. This association (now known as the Trinity Cemetery Association) continues to this date with approximately 10 members.
With the addition of more acreage given by Bert and Dolly Olson in 1954 and again by Donald and Carol Massen in 1981, this plot of land has now grown to five acres and is carefully tended by the Association each year.
Blessed be the memory of the saints buried here.
Trinity Lutheran Historical Committee
July 9, 2006
Erected 2006 by Trinity Lutheran Historical Committee.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Arkdale WI 54613, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. West Church (approx. 2 miles away); Lutheran Church of the Norwegian Synod (approx. 2.1 miles away); Site of the First Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Roche-a-Cri (approx. 2.3 miles away); Roche-A-Cri State Park (approx. 3.3 miles away); Veterans Memorial / Cpl. Red Cloud Tribute (approx. 4.8 miles away); Monroe Cemetery (approx. 7.4 miles away); Soldiers Monument (approx. 9.9 miles away); Spring Branch Cemetery Veterans Memorial (approx. 14½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Arkdale.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 26, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 3,826 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 26, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.