Clintonville in Waupaca County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1960 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 102.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is between Pioneer Park and Olen Park. Marker is in this post office area: Clintonville WI 54929, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Portion of Wall of China (within shouting distance of this marker); Clintonville Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplace of an Airline (approx. 1.3 miles away); Chief Waupaca (approx. 7 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.1 miles away); Melvin O. Handrich (approx. 13.6 miles away); Shiocton Area Veterans Memorial (approx. 14.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Seagrave Fire Engines. "In 1963, the fire engine division of the Seagrave Corporation was acquired by the Four Wheel Drive (FWD) Corporation, manufacturers of multi-drive, heavy-duty commercial trucks and fire apparatus. FWD had begun in 1907, when brothers-in-law Otto Zachow and William Besserdich, both blacksmiths in Clintonville, WI, developed a four-wheel drive mechanism and fitted it to a Reo touring car. In mid-1963, Seagrave moved its offices and factory into the FWD plant in Clintonville, Wisconsin, where the renamed Seagrave Fire Apparatus, Inc. makes new fire engines to this day." (Submitted on June 2, 2008.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Places • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 1, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,354 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on June 1, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 2, 3. submitted on June 2, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.