Mieropskameren / Mierop's Homes
Were built in 1580 during the Reformation as part of the monastery. The grounds of the monastery stretched from the Old Canal to the Springweg. In 1583, a number of service buildings along the Springweg - including a bakery, a smithy and the convent stable - were turned into homes for the poor, according to the provisions of the will of Cornelis van Mierop, the cathedral
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion.
Location. 52° 5.216′ N, 5° 7.201′ E. Marker is in Utrecht. Marker is on Springweg just south of Silverstraat. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Springweg 114, Utrecht 3511, Netherlands. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Voormalig Klooster en Later Weeshuis / Former Monastery and Later Orphanage (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); De Zakkendrager / The Porters (about 120 meters away); Geboortehuis van Paus Adriaan / Birthplace of Pope Adrian (about 120 meters away); Doopsgezinde Kerk / Mennonite Church (about 150 meters away); St. Jacobsgasthuis / St. James' Guest House (about 150 meters away); Het Duitse Huis / The German House (about 180 meters away); Gebouw Voor Kunst En Wetenschappen / Arts and Science Building (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Claustraal Huis van Oudemunster / Canon House of the Former Oudmunster Church (approx. 0.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Utrecht.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 24, 2018. It was originally submitted on December 9, 2016, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 149 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 9, 2016, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.