Near Chester in Polk County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Of native, hand-hewn pine construction.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10431.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1856.
Location. 30° 53.947′ N, 94° 38.292′ W. Marker is near Chester, Texas, in Polk County. Marker is on Whitehead Road, 0.1 miles west of East Caney Loop, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chester TX 75936, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Texas Statesman William Pettus Hobby (approx. 11.2 miles away); Moscow Male and Female Academy (approx. 11.3 miles away); E.C. Matthews Home (approx. 11.3 miles away); Moscow (approx. 11.3 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. 11.3 miles away); Midway CemeteryIndian Village (approx. 12.6 miles away); Village of the Alabama and Coushatti Indians (approx. 12.6 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on December 14, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 13, 2016, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 797 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 13, 2016, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.