Reformed Theological Seminary Site
In The Name of God, Amen.
This tablet, marking the site of the Theological Seminary of the Reformed Church in the United States during its location at York, from 1829 to 1836, is placed by Zion's Classis in grateful remembrance of the church fathers who here laid foundations deep and strong, and who built well.
Nineteen hundred twenty-nine.
Erected 1929 by Zion's Classis of the Reformed Church.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 39° 57.581′ N, 76° 44.233′ W. Marker is in York, Pennsylvania, in York County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street (Pennsylvania Route 74/462) and Penn Street, on the right when traveling west on Market Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 401 West Market Street, York PA 17401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William C. Goodridge, Entrepreneur (within shouting distance of this marker); J. Allen Baer House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 455 West Market Street (about 500 feet away); 459 West Market Street (about 600 feet away); Jake Devers (about 700 feet away); General Jacob L. Devers (about 800 feet away); World War II Memorial (about 800 feet away); Phineas Davis (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in York.
Also see . . .
1. History of Lancaster Theological Seminary. (Submitted on December 28, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Lancaster Theological Seminary. (Submitted on December 28, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 28, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 28, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 174 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 28, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.