LaGrange in Brevard County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Site of the First Church
erected between New Smyrna and Key West
A community church
Erected 1941 by Phillip Perry Chapter D.A.R.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 28° 38.374′ N, 80° 50.225′ W. Marker is in LaGrange, Florida, in Brevard County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Dixie Highway and Briarwood Lane, on the left when traveling south on Old Dixie Highway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1575 Old Dixie Highway, Titusville FL 32796, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. LaGrange Community Church (here, next to this marker); LaGrange Community Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); LaGrange/Mims Community Cemetery (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Oliver's Camp (approx. 0.7 miles away); Harry T. & Harriette V. Moore Memorial HomesiteHernandez Trail (approx. 1.4 miles away); Greater St. James Missionary Baptist Church of Mims (approx. 1.6 miles away); Endeavour (approx. 2˝ miles away).
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 27, 2017. It was originally submitted on February 1, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 208 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 1, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.