Altaville in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Altaville Grammar School
Erected 1955 by California State Park Commission in cooperation with Princess Parlor No. 84, Native Daughters of the Golden West. (Marker Number 499.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Landmarks • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the California Historical Landmarks, and the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1858.
Location. 38° 5.041′ N, 120° 33.682′ W. Marker is in Altaville, California, in Calaveras County. Marker can be reached from Main Street (State Highway 49). The Marker is on the front of the building. The building is located on the grounds of the Division of Forestry Station, Altaville. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Giovanni Lavagnino (approx. 0.4 miles away); Altaville Foundry & Machine Works (approx. half a mile away); Prince-Garibardi Building (approx. half a mile away); Gold Furnace (approx. 0.9 miles away); Water Wheel (approx. 0.9 miles away); Whim (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Monitor (approx. 0.9 miles away); Hogarth Stamp Mill (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Altaville.
Regarding Altaville Grammar School. This site was placed on the National Register of Historical Places on August 24, 1979.
Additional keywords. One Room Schoolhouse
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 11, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 2,528 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 11, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. 2. submitted on February 13, 2012, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 27, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.