Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Campbell in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Farley Building

 
 
Farley Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, February 21, 2017
1. Farley Building Marker
Inscription.  This Renaissance Revival-style building, built in 1895, is the oldest structure in Campbell. By 1895, Ainsley Cannery and the Fruit Grower's Union employed hundreds of workers. The thriving town needed a local bank. The first Bank of Campbell was incorporated in 1896 and operated here until they moved to 360 East Campbell Avenue in 1911.
Campbell's first planning commissioner, Guy Farley, housed his real estate and insurance business here until 1966.
 
Erected by Campbell Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1896.
 
Location. 37° 17.232′ N, 121° 56.611′ W. Marker is in Campbell, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is at the intersection of East Campbell Avenue and North Central Avenue, on the right when traveling west on East Campbell Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 365 East Campbell Avenue, Campbell CA 95008, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bank of Campbell (Farley Building) (a few steps from this marker); Bank of Campbell (within shouting distance of this
Farley Building and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, February 21, 2017
2. Farley Building and Marker
The marker is on the left side of the building.
Click or scan to see
this page online
marker); Downing Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Fire House #1 (within shouting distance of this marker); Growers National Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Courtyard (within shouting distance of this marker); Campbell Fire Station (within shouting distance of this marker); B.O. Curry Building (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Campbell.
 
More about this marker. The Farley Building is located at 365 East Campbell Avenue, but the marker is located on the North Central Avenue side of the building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 23, 2017. It was originally submitted on February 23, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 325 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 23, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=101518

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 16, 2021