Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Columbiaville in Lapeer County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

United Methodist Church

 
 
United Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, February 23, 2017
1. United Methodist Church Marker
Inscription.  This handsome Romanesque structure was completed in 1897 for the Methodist Protestant Church of Columbiaville. Local Methodists, with the assistance of circuit riders, had organized the church some forty years earlier. In 1865 the congregation erected a parsonage. They held church services there until 1880, when their first church was built. That early church was struck by lightning and burned in 1896. The following year, this red brick church was completed on the same site at cost of $3,000. It has also been used for school graduation and baccalaureate ceremonies and other community gatherings.
 
Erected 1986 by Bureau of History, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L1162.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1897.
 
Location. 43° 9.345′ N, 83° 24.613′ W. Marker is in Columbiaville, Michigan, in Lapeer County. Marker is at the intersection of Pine Street (County Route
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
44) and Second Street (Route 44) when traveling east on Pine Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4696 Pine Street, Columbiaville MI 48421, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James Richardson, D.O. a generous gentleman. (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Columbiaville Depot (about 400 feet away); The William Peter Mansion (about 400 feet away); Columbiaville Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away); Niver Bros. Sawmill / Gristmill (approx. 0.3 miles away); Smith Hill Cemetery (approx. 5.6 miles away); Otisville High School (approx. 5.8 miles away); The Country School (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbiaville.
 
United Methodist Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, February 23, 2017
2. United Methodist Church and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 24, 2017. It was originally submitted on February 24, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 348 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 24, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=101546

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 25, 2024