Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Caro in Tuscola County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Trinity Episcopal Church

 
 
Trinity Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Joel Seewald, February 22, 2017
1. Trinity Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription.  This skillfully designed board and batten Gothic Revival church, first served local Episcopalians in 1880. The congregation had been formed in 1871, the year the town was incorporated. During the 1870s Caro grew to be a major commerce center for the Thumb Area. By the 1920s, however, church membership dropped and the building was sold to the Nazarenes. In 1974 preservationists saved the church from demolition.
 
Erected 1975 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L359.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionIndustry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1880.
 
Location. 43° 29.275′ N, 83° 23.818′ W. Marker is in Caro, Michigan, in Tuscola County. Marker is at the intersection of South Almer Street and Joy Street, on the left when traveling south on South Almer Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 102 Joy Street, Caro MI 48723, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow
Trinity Episcopal Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Joel Seewald, February 22, 2017
2. Trinity Episcopal Church and Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
flies. First Meeting of the Caro Rotary Club (within shouting distance of this marker); Caro Masonic Temple (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Presbyterian Church of Caro (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tuscola County Advertiser (approx. ¼ mile away); Tuscola County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); William H. Carson House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Peninsular Sugar Refining Company (approx. 0.4 miles away); Watrousville United Methodist Church (approx. 6.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Caro.
 
Thumb Area Center for the Arts Sign image. Click for full size.
By Joel Seewald, February 22, 2017
3. Thumb Area Center for the Arts Sign
The Trinity Episcopal Church building is now the home of the Thumb Area Center for the Arts.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 26, 2017. It was originally submitted on February 26, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 173 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on February 26, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=101616

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 23, 2021