Frankston in Anderson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Frankston Railroad Depot
Erected 1977 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8756.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1900.
Location. 32° 2.978′ N, 95° 30.393′ W. Marker is in Frankston, Texas, in Anderson County. Marker is at the intersection of South Elm Street (State Highway 155) and South Miller Street, on the right when traveling south on South Elm Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 159 W Railroad St, Frankston TX 75763, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured Frankston City Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the Kickapoo Battlefield (approx. 2.1 miles away); Cuney (approx. 5.4 miles away); Mount Vernon United Methodist Church (approx. 9.2 miles away); Dewberry Plantation House (approx. 9.6 miles away); Camp of the Army of the Republic of Texas (approx. 9.6 miles away); Old Neches Saline Road (approx. 12 miles away); Earle's Chapel Methodist Church (approx. 12.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Frankston.
Also see . . . Frankston Depot Library. (Submitted on March 17, 2017.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 17, 2017. It was originally submitted on March 17, 2017, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 320 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 17, 2017, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.