Conway in Horry County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Historic Brick for this Park
The brick was acquired by the Ray Family in 1969 when the St. John’s Hotel (circa 1836) in Charleston, South Carolina, was demolished. The family utilized the brick to build their home on 7th Avenue. The remaining brick was untouched until 2012 when the Ray Family donated the brick to this park for the emjoyment of Conway residents and visitors.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1836.
Location. 33° 50.169′ N, 79° 2.809′ W. Marker is in Conway, South Carolina, in Horry County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Business U.S. 501) and 4th Avenue, on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Conway SC 29526, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Welcome to Kingston Park! (a few steps from this marker); Woodward Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Horry County Courthouse (about 500 feet away, measured Spivey Building (about 500 feet away); The Wade Hampton Oak (about 500 feet away); First Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); Kingston Church (about 600 feet away); Horry County Vietnam Fallen Comrades Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Conway.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 25, 2023. It was originally submitted on March 26, 2017, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 239 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 26, 2017, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.