Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
St. Clair Shores in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Selinsky-Green Log House

 
 
Selinsky-Green Log House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, April 1, 2017
1. Selinsky-Green Log House Marker
Inscription.  In 1868, when this area was covered with small farms, Prussian immigrants John and Mary Selinsky bought farm land in Erin Township and built this salt-box house using solid log construction covered with clapboard. The Selinskys gave the house to their daughter Ernestine when she married John Green in 1874. The property was owned by their descendants until 1974. Moved to this location in 1975 because of the construction of I-696, this house is now restored as a museum.
 
Erected 1981 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L618.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1868.
 
Location. 42° 29.791′ N, 82° 53.2′ W. Marker is in St. Clair Shores, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is on East Eleven Mile Road, 0.1 miles east of Jefferson Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Clair Shores MI 48081, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lake St. Clair (Lac Sainte Claire) (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); VFW Post 1146 Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Labadie Farm (approx. 1.3 miles away); Shore Line Interurban Railway (approx. 1˝ miles away); Blossom Heath Inn (approx. 1˝ miles away); Erin United Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); Sacred Heart Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); A Plank Road History (approx. 2˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Clair Shores.
 
Also see . . .  Selinsky-Green Farmhouse Museum. Museum page on the St. Clair Shores Public Library's website. (Submitted on April 4, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.) 
 
Selinsky-Green Log House and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, April 1, 2017
2. Selinsky-Green Log House and Marker
Selinsky-Green Museum Farmhouse Sign image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, April 1, 2017
3. Selinsky-Green Museum Farmhouse Sign
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 4, 2017. It was originally submitted on April 4, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 420 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 4, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=102473

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024