New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South-Central)
Thirteen Identical Residences
Erected 1832-33 for the
New Orleans Building Company
James H. Dakin, Architect
Alexander T. Wood, Supervising Architect
Daniel H. Twogood, Builder
Many prominent families lived here
and the second house from St. Charles Avenue
was the childhood home of
Henry Hobson Richardson (1838 – 1886)
Famous for the Richardson Romanesque style.
The building at 604 Julia Street was purchased
in 1976 and restored by the
Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans.
This plaque was given in memory of
Stanton M. Frazar (1931 – 1987)
by the Friends of the Cabiloo, the Louisiana Landmarks Society,
the Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans,
the St. Charles Avenue Association, and Save Our Cemeteries.
Location. 29° 56.737′ N, 90° 4.246′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Julia Street and Camp Street, on the Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 600 Julia Street, New Orleans LA 70130, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Patrick's Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Patrick's (about 400 feet away); Saint Patrick's Church (about 400 feet away); Starting Point of the First Traditional New Orleans Mardi Gras Parade (about 500 feet away); The 747 (about 500 feet away); Lambert-Gallier Inn of Court (about 700 feet away); 8 in. Columbaid Cannon (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Charles Line (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Orleans.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Julia Row.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 7, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 7, 2017, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 375 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 7, 2017, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.