Novato in Marin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Novato Bank Building
826-828 Grant Avenue
The adjoining section of the building (826 Grant Avenue)first served as a drugstore when initially built. The U.S. Post Office occupied the building from 1934 to 1951. When the city became incorporated in 1960, the first city hall was located here, until the city moved to the Presbyterian Church on Sherman Avenue in 1963.
The Novato Bank business was sold to Central Valley Bank in 1955. Central Valley Bank moved it[sic] operations to 1311 Grant Avenue and is now the Bank of the West.
The Silva family still owns the building and it is now utilized as a retail space.
Erected 2017 by Native Sons of the Golden West, Paul D. Lapachet, Grand President and Mt. Tamalpias[sic] No. 64. (Marker Number GPY 140-08.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 6.431′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 826-828 Grant Avenue, Novato CA 94945, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Novato Bank (here, next to this marker); DeBorba's (a few steps from this marker); Scott General Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Fashion Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Druids Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Druid's Hall/ Loustaunau's Hall (about 300 feet away); Novato's First Railroad Station (about 400 feet away); (Novato) City Hall (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Novato.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Novato Bank Building.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 15, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 9, 2017, by James King of San Miguel, California. This page has been viewed 132 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 9, 2017, by James King of San Miguel, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.