Novato in Marin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
815 De Long Avenue
In 1972, then-owner Fabian Bobo wanted to build apartments on the site and offered to gift the house to the City of Novato if they would move it. The City accepted, and the house was moved to its present site that year. The renovated house is home to the Novato History Museum and Archives, which opened in June 1976 through a partnership of the City and Novato Historic Guild.
"...The earliest known occupant was Henry Jones, who began Novato's postal service in 1856."
Erected by Novato Historical Guild.
Location. 38° 6.335′ N, 122° 34.044′ W. Marker is in Novato, California, in Marin County. Marker is on De Long Avenue near Reichert Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 815 De Long Avenue, Novato CA 94945, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Novato History Museum (here, next to this marker); (Novato) City Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Novato City Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Novato's First Railroad Station (about 400 feet away); DeBorba's (about 500 feet away); Druids Hall (about 500 feet away); Druid's Hall/ Loustaunau's Hall (about 500 feet away); Scott General Store (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Novato.
Categories. • Communications •
More. Search the internet for Postmaster's House.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 10, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 106 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.