Novato in Marin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
819 Grant Avenue
This building was constructed in 1900 by Antone DeBorba, Sr., and it housed a barber shop. A 1913 map shows the building had an addition on its east side. The barber shop was moved to the new addition, leaving the billiards and saloon in the main building. The business continues to be owned by the DeBorba family as is one of the oldest family-owned businesses still in operation in Novato.
Erected by Novato Historical Guild.
Location. 38° 6.42′ N, 122° 34.044′ W. Marker is in Novato, California, in Marin County. Marker is at the intersection Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 819 Grant Avenue, Novato CA 94945, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Novato Bank Building (a few steps from this marker); Novato Bank (a few steps from this marker); Scott General Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Druids Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Druid's Hall/ Loustaunau's Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Fashion Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Novato's First Railroad Station (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); (Novato) City Hall (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Novato.
Categories. • Entertainment • Industry & Commerce •
More. Search the internet for DeBorba's.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 14, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 187 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.