Novato in Marin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
826 Grant Avenue
The adjoining building to the west first served as a drugstore. From 1934 to 1951, the U.S. Post Office occupied the west building, and in 1960, it served as the first City Hall, until the City moved to the Presbyterian Church on Sherman Avenue in 1963.
The Novato Bank business was sold to Central Valley Bank, which moved its operations to 1311 Grant Avenue and is now the Bank of the West. The Silva family still owes the building, and it is utilized as a retail space.
Erected by Novato Historical Guild.
Location. 38° 6.432′ N, 122° 34.043′ W. Marker is in Novato, California, in Marin County. Marker is on Grant Avenue near Sherman Avenue, on the right Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 826 Grant Avenue, Novato CA 94945, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Novato Bank Building (here, next to this marker); DeBorba's (a few steps from this marker); Scott General Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Fashion Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Druids Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Druid's Hall/ Loustaunau's Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Novato's First Railroad Station (about 400 feet away); (Novato) City Hall (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Novato.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
More. Search the internet for Novato Bank.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 10, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 192 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.