Blue Springs in Union County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 2014 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1838.
Location. 34° 23.517′ N, 88° 52.704′ W. Marker is in Blue Springs, Mississippi, in Union County. Marker is on County Route 9 south of Road 209, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Blue Springs MS 38828, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Blue Springs Baptist Church (approx. one mile away); Mississippi Normal Institute (approx. Ishtehotopah (approx. 8.8 miles away); Elder Roma Wilson & Rev. Leon Pinson (approx. 9.6 miles away); B.F. Ford School (approx. 9.7 miles away); Tupelo Campaign: Old Town Creek, July 15 (approx. 9.9 miles away); Tupelo Campaign: Harrisburg July 14 (approx. 10 miles away); Tupelo Campaign: Pontotoc Road, July 13 (approx. 10 miles away).
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on Blue Springs. (Submitted on April 11, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 11, 2017. It was originally submitted on April 11, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 289 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 11, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.