Leavenworth in Leavenworth County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Temple B'Nai Jeshurun
Erected 2012 by The Jewish American Society for Historic Preservation, The Leavenworth County Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Jewish American Society for Historic Preservation Markers series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1866.
Location. 39° 19.271′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Leavenworth KS 66048, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Paul Lutheran Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Paul's Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away); Leavenworth (approx. 0.2 miles away); Davis Funeral Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Replica of the Statue of Liberty (approx. 0.2 miles away); Abraham Lincoln (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Star of the West Saloon (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Star of the West (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Leavenworth.
Regarding Temple B'Nai Jeshurun. Site of the first permanent Jewish house of worship in Kansas. Current structure was the synagogue as it was rebuilt in 1916.
Additional keywords. Jewish synagogue
Credits. This page was last revised on May 31, 2017. It was originally submitted on May 29, 2017, by Jerry Klinger of Boynton Beach, Maryland. This page has been viewed 267 times since then and 39 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on May 29, 2017, by Jerry Klinger of Boynton Beach, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.